AndalusianGP: third row for Tom Lüthi
Tom Lüthi will start from the 9th position in tomorrow's race of the Andalusian Grand Prix in Jerez de la Frontera
Tom Lüthi can finally breathe a sigh of relief after the last two days on the Circuito de Jerez - Angel Nieto. After experiencing a harsh first weekend in Andalusia, the Swiss found the right direction this week and was able to secure his place in Q2 on Saturday morning in FP3 with ninth place.
In the later qualifying session, with a 1'42.107 the experienced racer then fought for a much better starting position than he had done a week earlier. From ninth place on the third row, he will start this time a full ten positions further up the grid and give everything to take as many points as possible.
Tom Lüthi P9 - 1'42.107 (+0.379)
Step by step we are moving forward, which is definitely positive. The crew really works incredibly hard because it's tricky to stay focused in this heat, but my boys really do everything they can to make me feel better on the bike. I am happy that we are moving in a good direction. I'm also happier with the starting position than I was a week ago. Sure, it's still not what we hope for, but we didn't expect it either because the big liberation just didn't happen yet. We still have a lot of work to do for the race, because squeezing a quick lap out of the bike in qualifying is one thing, but it doesn't work like this over the race distance. I hope that in the Warm-Up we can simply develop a better feeling and find a set-up that allows me to ride at a constant pace in the race. The goal is, of course, to grab as many points as possible.
Gran Premio de Andalucía
1. Jorge MARTIN / SPA / KALEX - 1'41.175
2. Sam LOWES / GBR / KALEX - 1'41.188 (+0.013)
3. Lorenzo BALDASSARRI / ITA / KALEX - 1'41.485 (+0.310)
9. Thomas LUTHI / SWI / KALEX - 1'41.622 (+0.447)
20. Marcel SCHROTTER / GER / KALEX - 1'41.906 (+0.731)
1. Enea BASTIANINI / ITA / KALEX - 1'41.740
2. Xavi VIERGE / SPA / KALEX - 1'41.805 (+0.065)
3. Simone CORSI / ITA / MV AGUSTA - 1'42.004 (+0.264)
4. Marcel SCHROTTER / GER / KALEX - 1'42.178 (+0.438)
1. Marco BEZZECCHI / ITA / KALEX - 1'41.728
2. Sam LOWES / GBR / KALEX - 1'41.765 (+0.037)
3. Enea BASTIANINI / ITA / KALEX - 1'41.845 (+0.117)
9. Thomas LUTHI / SWI / KALEX - 1'42.107 (+0.379)
10. Marcel SCHROTTER / GER / KALEX - 1'42.175 (+0.447)