Turbulent and wet opening day in Le Mans
Tom Lüthi finished day one at the Bugatti Grand Prix Race Circuit in Le Mans in eighth place.
While Friday was a fatal day for many riders, especially in the morning, with tricky wet and cold conditions, Tom Lüthi was able to stay away from the chaos around him and to do his job with high concentration. Although the wet track conditions were not easy even for the Swiss rider in eighth position. So the dry session in the afternoon came just in time to work properly on the bike setup for the 4.2 kilometre circuit. At the end he was in eighth place and with a time of 1'38.274 he followed Friday's fastest rider, Jake Dixon, with half a second gap.
P8 - 1'38.274 (+0.561)
These conditions are actually normal for Le Mans, even if it is already October. We have had these wet and cold conditions here several times. In FP2 the conditions were still mixed with a few damp spots, but I was happy that we could ride the slicks to gain some experience. We continued to work on the bike because we still have a lot to improve. The gap towards the lead is still too big, but it wasn't a bad day today. I hope that we can take the right steps now so that we can move forward.
1. Kasma DANIEL / MAL / KALEX - 1'51.279
2. Hector GARZO / SPA / KALEX - 1'51.532 (+0.253)
3. Lorenzo BALDASSARRI / ITA / KALEX - 1'51.535 (+0.256)
8. Thomas LUTHI / SWI / KALEX - 1'52.238 (+0.959)
1. Jake DIXON / GBR / KALEX - 1'37.713
2. Jorge MARTIN / SPA / KALEX - 1'37.762 (+0.049)
3. Marco BEZZECCHI / ITA / KALEX - 1'38.017 (+0.304)
8. Thomas LUTHI / SWI / KALEX - 1'38.274 (+0.561)
9. Marcel SCHROTTER / GER / KALEX - 1'38.341 (+0.628)